Monday, November 25, 2019

I've decided to approach this like I approach saving money

Hi all! I'm a newbie, 25M, SW/CW 230, GW (for now) 200, long term anywhere around 140/160, and I have decided to approach losing weight like saving money.

I used to be shit at saving, literally couldn't save a fiver if it was placed in front of me and told it would become worth a million pounds in ten years. I also am still shit with food, approaching it historically in a 'but I want it now' type manner rather than thinking long term.

However, in June I started using a saving app called Chip (not an ad haha) which automatically takes chunks of money out of my bank account and into a savings account. After nearly six months of saving without having to think, I am now sitting on £500, about £500 more than I ever would have had if I hadn't started using the app.

I am going to approach weight loss the same way; I can either eat the thing I really want to now or take the hit and 'save' for later. It is not a choice, I won't give myself that choice by buying snacks and saying I will only eat a good portion, I know it's a lie. I won't have a choice but to eat well. My current food savings account is at zero. I hope to be at 30 pounds in six months, and keep going till it becomes a habit.

submitted by /u/jesse1194
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XJAtP6

No comments:

Post a Comment