Thursday, November 28, 2019

Important milestone! After so many yo-yo diet attempts I had this held belief that a weight loss attempt isn’t legit until I’ve lost 30lbs and here I am! 269-237lbs!

Man has it ever been a YEAR! I’m 26f, 5”7 and last year I started back at university where I fell into a huge depression and packed on the weight from 246-269lbs. I’ve gone through so many ups and downs since high school where my weight fluctuated from 200 all the way up to my highest sprinkled with minimal weight loss attempts (5-15lbs tops) where the weight would always come back doubled. Because of this pattern, I could never truly get excited over a 10lbs weight loss because I knew I had commitment/discipline issues and I couldn’t believe I was legit until I hit at least a 30lbs loss.

When I stepped on my scale in the new year and saw that I was 1 pound off of 270 and on the bad side 250 for the first time in my life I realized I had major problems. Not only was my number crazy high this time, I was also starting to suffer with the physical effects of my weight. I started having to travel everywhere with an emergency inhaler for whenever I walked up a half a flight of stairs, sleeping was becoming increasingly uncomfortable, and what did it in for me was the random bouts of numbness I would get in my fingers and toes. This scared me so much, I decided to go to my doctor to check for diabetes which, fortunately, my age just barely saved me from.

After having my life scared out of me, I took a stance and made some small, but big changes.

  1. My top priority was to start talking to a councillor. I understand some people naturally carry a bit more weight on their bodies. But there’s something up when you buy 2 medium pizzas, 2 bags of chips, a 2 litre of pop, and a family box of fries from KFC as a midweek meal to last you throughout the night while bingeing Netflix.

  2. I started investing in my passion for food in a HEALTHY way by experimenting in the kitchen. I still got excited for dinner but I wasn’t breaking down my health either.

  3. I changed one core aspect of my thinking. Failure is ok and it will 100% happen and the only way to deal with it is to stop dwelling and move on. Seriously, I know we all say it again and again but when you start to develop a weird psyche around food and you pent up all your dreams and hopes on a bit of weight loss, one misstep to the MacDonalds drive thru can seem like the end of days.

I’m still struggling, and my weight loss has been SLOW, but these 3 steps have been helping me along the way. I’ve also just replaced all beverages with water, eat slower, and realized I don’t need to go to bed on a full stomach. Not every week is perfect, in fact, the majority aren’t. I haven’t started working out yet because let’s face it, Rome wasn’t built in a day. But I’ll get there, eventually.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading my enormous pat on my back! Good luck with your own success!

submitted by /u/wanderlust_peach
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L0d3zG

No comments:

Post a Comment