Friday, November 29, 2019

Weight loss while travelling

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I need some advice. My partner and I are going on an extended (1 year +) camping trip around our home country next year. We’ve saved some cash, quit our jobs and are almost ready to leave. However, there’s one tiny problem. I’m not sure how to approach weight loss while travelling.

At present, I’ve been tracking my calories and weighing myself daily for about 3 months. I’ve lost just over 8kg (18lbs). My goal weight is 10kg (22lbs) away.

I want to keep up my weight loss (and hopefully begin maintenance) during our trip. I’ll have full control over what I eat (we’ll be making almost all of our meals due to being on a tight budget) and will continue to eat well and track calories as best I can.

But I won’t be able to weigh myself daily. Most of the time we’ll be staying in remote campgrounds without a flat surface. We’ll be sleeping in a tent and really “roughing it”. I’m not even sure if I even can/should take my bathroom scale. But I’m worried that without weighing myself everyday, I’ll begin to slip back into old habits.

Advice? Experience? Tips?

Would it be crazy to take my bathroom scale and weigh myself when I have the opportunity? Or will the inconsistencies caused by where the scale is placed have too much of an impact for this to be effective? How can I continue, and eventually maintain, my weight loss while living on the road for a whole year?

Help me reddit!

submitted by /u/mysticstrawberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R2MgH4

No comments:

Post a Comment