Tuesday, November 26, 2019

I reached my goal weight without even realizing

I'm one of those people who have been losing weight for YEARS. I started in 8th grade at 214 lbs, possibly even higher (I'm 5'8 and a girl) and went all the way down to 189 within about 6 months through basically starving myself. Of course that's unhealthy, so I was forced to eat more and I developed a bit of a binge eating problem. My weight fluctuated for a few years, but I could never go under 190.

Last year in December was my wake up call. I was 205 lbs, concussed, and depressed AF. I was so sick of feeling helpless and feeling stuck, so I made a vow to myself for the new year to start dieting and exercising, but made my priorities overall health > weightloss. It's the best choice I ever made for myself, but I had to stop going to the gym once school started so I could finish my senior year of high school water polo.

The last time I weighed myself I was 190 lbs. I went to the gym today for the first time in 3 months, terrified and expecting that I would gain no less that 5 lbs. But I went on the scale and I kept pushing it down and down until it reached 181 lbs. WHAT!?!?

I am so shocked. I'm 17 and haven't been this weight since I was 12. I realize I've probably loss some muscle mass after basically only doing cardio for 3 months, but I'm still just kinda speechless. I'm lighter than I was when I was starving myself, which is crazy to me. I think it just proves how important a healthy diet is for weight loss.

I'm kind of at a loss for words, but overall I'm just really happy. My next goal is 170, and now I actually believe I can do it!

submitted by /u/im_kinda_bored
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QRUQZ9

No comments:

Post a Comment