Wednesday, November 27, 2019

How I Lost 15 Kgs In About 3 Months

Gaining weight is fucking easy. I mean, I used to be a lean 18 year old with about 15-16% body fat, used to sprint up and down and not break a sweat, and I could wear whatever the fuck I wanted.

Suddenly, at 21, I'm under a lot of stress and I start eating for a family of four. 12" pizzas for lunch, waffles for dinner. I completely lost myself for two whole years. I had to buy new clothes, I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without my chest heaving, sports were completely out, and my face looked like I'd been stung by bees. Of course, as I stepped on the weighing scale, the 15 kilo gain in weight was not shocking at all - just depressing. I was about to touch a 100 kgs.

Then, 6 months back, when I was having sex with my then girlfriend and got on top of her, the look of her eyes popping out of their sockets and the air escaping her lungs shocked me, because it definitely wasn't an orgasm. She felt like an Olympic lifter for just taking me on her body. I felt like an absolute failure; the one thing I had in my control, I'd lost complete control of - my body. I'd had enough.

Long story short, I started keto and was on it for a month. Oh it was fucking brutal the first week. Absolutely no carbohydrates, an almond for a snack, a gasp of air for late night cravings, and a pure fat diet with moderate protein. And then, I stopped feeling hungry. I'd barely eat two meals a day. And by the end of the month, I'd lost 10 kilos. I could not believe my fucking eyes.

But the journey was not (and is not) over. Two months later, having maintained my weight (and having gained about 2 kgs of water weight), I started hitting the gym. I was also in a calorie deficit of about 1100 calories with a target of losing 1 kilo a week. A month and a half down, my arms are becoming great, my stomach has completely flattened, my torso is taking shape, and I've shed a total of 6 kilos with no IF or GM diet or some complicated HIIT routine.

All it took was 1.5 hours at the gym daily, with a minimum of 30 minutes of vigorous cardio (70-80% of your max. heart rate) and an hour of strength training, and a calorie deficit paired with a diet that includes 1.2-1.5 grams of protein/ kilo of body weight.

My point is - weight loss has been turned into this fucking insurmountable behemoth, which is not the case. Yes gaining weight is way too easy, but a simple calorie deficit (which can be stopped once you reach your target weight) and strength training can undo all the fucked up things you've done to your body. And the best part about the human body is it's ability to show quick improvements with significant efforts, so you can see the results in front of your eyes.

I've not been fat for 3 months now, and I'm about to become mildly ripped in the next month or two. If you'd told me that 6 months ago, I'd probably tell you to bugger off. But it's happened, and you know what, no one can stop YOU from doing it.

I hope this helps! Let's get fit!

submitted by /u/Pysmatia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Dn5nTZ

No comments:

Post a Comment