Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Weight loss with two little ones, a full-time job, picky husband/child, and a busy life

I just need some words of advice from those who have been there and done it. Not criticism or to be chastised from those who haven't.

I'm expecting my second child in a couple weeks. I'll have a very picky 3.5 year old, and a newborn who I'll hopefully breastfeed for a year, and a very picky husband who doesn't cook anything.

My goal is to lose around 50-70 lbs in the year following the baby's birth, primarily through diet but if I can get to the gym twice or three times a week down the line (after I trim some of this baggage) for a spin class I'll be ecstatic.

I've lost weight before, multiple times. Lots of it. I've crash dieted. I've obsessed and then regained. Binged my way back. There's a psychological thing going on that I need to fix while losing healthfully and reasonably.

Just want to know if anyone has tips for what I can do to do this correctly this time and while managing a family, a sometimes demanding full-time job, a husband whose job is very demanding, a home that always needs cleaning, and a large extended family whose events seem to take up our entire, incredibly busy weekends.

Should I get a couple SkinnyTaste cookbooks and just go from there? Should I bother tracking, or just portion control? I'll have 18 weeks after baby's born before I return to work, then my husband will have 8 weeks leave, so there will be time for both of us to prep dinner in advance and reheat in the evening, and have leftovers for lunches, etc. Just send your ideas and advice my way!

submitted by /u/rsb1041986
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sqIixL

No comments:

Post a Comment