Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Little milestones and a tipping point

I've had a couple of little things happen to me over the past few days that are starting to make me feel like my progress isn't just having a body that weighs less, but instead a meaningful, satisfying transformation of myself. My weight loss strategy more or less ignores calorie counting (I think I have an intuitive sense for how many calories are in most foods, but I'm not making any effort to log what I eat or what I burn) and instead focuses on combining hard workouts with eating only at meals and not drinking calories. I run, I bike, I go to awful studio classes that make me feel like I'm going to throw up and die; in general, I really like hard cardio and tend to go chasing after whatever endorphins I can get wherever I can get them. I recently had a really good day (I have a really supportive friend who helped me out a lot and reaffirmed our relationship), which translated into an incredible workout -- half an hour at ~18 mph on a bike immediately followed by a mile run where I just kept speeding up. At the end of the run, I maintained almost 8 mph for about a minute (that doesn't sound like much, probably, but I _never_ thought I was capable of it) and essentially opened up the throttle on my legs and went all out. I was a sweaty, panting mess afterwards, but it felt so fucking incredible (and the endorphin high was amazing). This is probably the first time I've ever really felt proud of what my body can do when I push hard, and it was an amazing feeling that I want to repeat as often as possible and also makes all of my hard work finally feel like it's worth it.

I also recently crossed the 30 pounds lost threshold (which feels like a huge milestone for some reason) and promised myself a while ago that I'd buy some new clothes because I'd probably have something closer to a "normal" body at 225. I knew it was coming, so I preemptively signed up for Stitch Fix and had a box come today. Most of my clothes were baggy when I bought them and now just hang off of nothing, but everything sent to me was tight and fitted and honestly looked really good. For the first time in a long time, I'm starting to believe that someone somewhere could likely think I'm physically attractive, which works wonders for my confidence! Even though I still have love handles that I hate and a bit of a belly, I'm really starting to look and feel good and people are noticing.

If you're wavering at all about your own journey, this is the kind of stuff you have to look forward to! It's amazing and it's been a total 180 of my personality and outlook over the last 12 months, and while it's been incredibly hard and often disruptive to the rest of my life, prioritizing myself and my health for once is really starting to pay off.

submitted by /u/disposablekinks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XUYnY3

No comments:

Post a Comment