Saturday, November 30, 2019

Unflattering comments on Weight Loss

I've been working hard the last few months at trying to get healthier, and it's definitely paying off in terms of my self-image, self-confidence and overall feeling of health.

For the second time, I received an "are you losing weight?" comment, which was quite flattering, however, this coworkers first language isn't English. I know she meant to be kind and to compliment me, however, she went on to say "You're looking good! If you lose the weight, I think you'll look a lot sexier!"

It really took me aback for a moment. I'm not on this journey to look good for anyone but myself. I'm on it for health, longevity, for giving back to my body for all that it does for me, to be happier with myself, and to have long term goals to beat.

I know she had the best of intentions, but I really can't get her comment out of my head. I know she meant well, but I'd almost rather have nobody comment on my weight or my losses than have even one comment like this. ): It's definitely messing with my head a bit.

How do I move forward from this or get it out of my head?

submitted by /u/throoowawaaaayyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R6phdX

No comments:

Post a Comment