Saturday, November 23, 2019

How to own your befores and afters?

Hi, longtime lurker first time poster.

I was wondering how those of you who have lost a significant amount of weight deal with 2009/2019 comparison posts or comparison posts in general.

I've been thinking about doing the long hair / short hair one simply because posts like that inspired me to cut my hair which I found really empowering.

But I feel like any comparison past / current images of me double as an awkward weight loss before and after, for a weight loss journey that I've never discussed publicly, and indeed many newer friends have no idea about.

This makes me not want to do it because I don't want to upset anyone currently struggling with weight issues, and don't know how to talk about it openly given I said nothing about it during the process.

I assume some people still noticed since it was a significant amount of weight for my height [F21 5'4" 205 > 143],but no one irl ever spoke about it to my face except close family so it feels weirdly taboo.

Any insights?

Tl;dr: I quietly lost over 1/4 of my body weight and never spoke about it openly and now I want to show pictures of myself for reasons unrelated to weight loss but I don't know how to do it ethically / whether I should do it all.

submitted by /u/TreeRingsIn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KM8usR

No comments:

Post a Comment