Saturday, November 23, 2019

why I started losing it again and where I'm at now

7 years ago I used this community to help me go from 101kg to 75kg.

4 years ago I broke my ankle on my way home from squash practice and haven't been able to excercise properly anymore since then because of lingering pain. And over time I gained back all of the lost weight and then some.

This past August: my gf and I are househunting and we decide to visit a bank. Now in Belgium when take a loan to buy a house you're forced to also take something which translates to a remaining debt insurance. Basically if you have that and one of the partners dies then the other partner doesn't have to keep paying off the house anymore, the insurance takes care of the debt then. Turns out that over the duration of our loan I'd pay 2000 euro more than my gf in debt insurance because I'm 3 years older than her and am now overweight again (108kg at this point)

A week later I visit a nose/ear/throat doctor to talk about my snoring problems and she says a lot of it has to do with me being overweight, if I were to lose weight odds are the snoring will get less or go away completely.

That's when I decided I needed to lose weight again. And i switched all of my lunch meals to salads and generally started eating less. when I finished my plate I used to think "I kinda had enough but it's so yummy and I should finish what's in the pot else we need to throw that delicious food away" I don't do that anymore I cook slightly smaller volumes and stop after my one serving.

in the remainder of august and september I managed to from 108kg to 101kg just by using this method, no excercise, no special diet foods, just no more overeating.

The first 3 weeks of october I went on holidays and didn't watch my diet at all, I ate steak, fries, burgers, sushi, basically anything I wanted, but I still stopped when I felt I had enough and didn't overeat. I got back home october 21th, stepped on the scale and it still said 101kg, succes !!!!! I can eat what I want and not gain weight if I just don't overeat.

This morning I stepped on the scale again and it said 95. I've lost another 6kg in the 5 weeks since returning from holidays. And I feel amazing. I've lost 13kg total of the 30 I want to lose. So there's still a long way to go, but I can see steady progress, I feel full after every meal, I'm just eating a little bit healthier than I used to and more importantly less than I used to.

Next week my gf and I will be signing the deed to our new home and the bank lady has confirmed that because of my weight loss the debt insurance has gone down for me by 1300 euro aswell. I'm no longer considered overweight which lowers the insurance risk and so also the payments I need to make.

While money was definitely the motivation that got me started, now it's a matter of wanting to fit back into those clothes I bought 7 years ago after I lose my weight for the first time.

Sorry if this was too long, but this morning I just felt so proud of myself and I wanted to share it with all of you.

submitted by /u/kaiyotic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35rHjLF

No comments:

Post a Comment