Sunday, November 24, 2019

Nerves and self-sabotage around the 30-lbs-lost mark

Female, 30, 5'5". This last year I went on a five-month sugar cleanse and went from 265 to 230. This has happened before, where I went from 245 to 219. Each time, it sets me off somehow, and I stop keeping track of what I eat and start sugar bingeing again. I've already put 12 pounds back on. My doctor congratulated me, telling me I'm not pre-diabetic anymore (4 miserable, inflamed years after my diagnosis). I felt nothing. I can't stop buying sugar and cramming it down my fucking gullet. I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone else gone through this? I can't pin down what I'm so afraid of -- every time I try to figure it out, I come up with a massive list of things that I have no hope of resolving before resuming my weight loss goals. And I'm at risk of so many illnesses now, and that terrifies me. Just not enough to spur me into action, apparently. I was so happy when I was seeing results and not letting my life revolve around sugar. How do I get past this?

submitted by /u/quixotic_mfennec
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Da81wt

No comments:

Post a Comment