Saturday, November 23, 2019

any experiences with intuitive eating?

Hi there! So long story short, a few months back I went on a calorie deficit and reached my goal weight already (yay!). I tried to always stay around 1200 calories, though sometimes I only reach 700-1000 calories. The weight loss was relatively fast, but a) I was always scared to eat 1200 calories. Instead, I would feel comfortable eating around 700-1000 calories, and b) i was very cautious around food. Eating and feeling full made me feel lowkey guilty, even if it were highly nutritious foods.

I drew a conclusion that strict calorie counting was bad for me, in a sense that, I would beat myself up (mentally) if I had indulged in foods that I considered “bad”, and would think about it the whole day. I wouldn’t label myself as someone having an eating disorder, but I feel like I might be showing a few traits of someone with an eating disorder. Hence, I decided to give intuitive eating a try. I have only done it a few weeks, and so far I have been eating outside a lot and only eating when I feel hungry and stop once I feel full. However, sometimes fear strikes and I thought, “what if this whole thing fails and I gain weight tomorrow?”

In addition, I work as a wait staff. We are provided with food and I couldn’t bother bringing my own lunch or dinner sometimes. I guess, I feel weird eating my own food while everyone else eats the same thing. Also, sometimes we get fancy foods and I would prefer eating them over my own food.

I would like to know your experiences with intuitive eating. Did it fail or work for you? How did you get into it?

submitted by /u/bananasplitzzzz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QGzZb3

No comments:

Post a Comment