Sunday, November 24, 2019

I weigh 304lbs and ran an 8k

Hello, I am a 23 year old 6'0 male weighing 304lbs and I ran a 8k (~5mile) race yesterday!

About 10 months ago, I started my weight loss journey from ~385lbs and 2 months ago, I worked up the courage to attempt the one very thing most overweight people are afraid of: running. All I'm gonna say is that those two months were full of a whole lot of disappointment and pain. But all of that was worth it when I crossed the finish line.

I crossed the finish line with 2 blisters on each of my feet, jello legs, but also with a huge ass smile on my face. I clocked in at a pace of 12:50min/mile (~1 hour 3 min total time), which I cannot be any more proud of given that I started by "running" at a 16min/mile pace!

If I learned anything from this experience, its that the number on the scale doesnt limit what I'm capable of achieving.

Post race

submitted by /u/cowwithakk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33fhGwm

No comments:

Post a Comment