Thursday, August 20, 2020

A Solid First Month

I started climbing this mountain for the second time 29 days ago...this time from the 398 pound mark (430 the first time, lost a lot, gained it back, etc).

I'm down 25 pounds in 29 days. None of this is surprising - it's all very familiar from the first round. I'm not celebrating, knowing full well that at my weight the numbers can drop pretty quickly early on, as a matter of BMR and water weight...still, I'd be lying if I tried to pretend seeing the numbers move in right direction didn't fell really, really good.

It's been a matter of self-discipline - making smart eating options, stopping when I'm full instead of when I'm stuffed to the gills, and actually getting of the couch from time to time. I've been tracking CICO regularly, and have been aiming to finish each day as close to -1500 calories as possible. I've hit that mark +/- 50 kCal 23 of the days, was outside of that range on the low side four times, and on the high side twice. The math suggests that about half of the weight loss is "legit"...the rest being water weight and, to be honest, the "elimination" of several heavy meals that were backed up in my system when I weighed in on "day one."

So my eyes are wide open and I'm taking the numbers for what they're actually worth. Still - it's comforting to know that the fundamental laws of science haven't been completely rewritten in the two years since the last time I did this!

submitted by /u/GreenApples8710
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34ibwzy

No comments:

Post a Comment