Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Don’t buy expensive shoes while trying to lose weight, you might regret it

ETA: SW 256 • CW 208.8 • GW 150-170 • Total lost 48

I’m EXTREMELY picky about shoes. I’m ADHD (and possibly autistic, can’t get dx’d though), and part of that for me is texture sensitivity. The only shoes I really like wearing regularly are Vans and Doc Martens. When I started this weight loss journey, I was a size 10 men’s shoe. 2 months in (~30lbs lost), I noticed I was sliding a fair amount in my shoes. I didn’t think anything of it, and just assumed it was because I was breaking them in. 2.5 months in though, I went for a hike in my Vans, and was having trouble going up and down hills because I was sliding in my shoes. I was also starting to blister, and noticed there was a significant gap between my heel and the heel of the shoe. So, I sucked it up, and ordered new shoes.

I figured this was a weird fluke, that there was no way I could lose more than 1/2 a shoe size. I bought a pair of size 9.5 Vans and a pair of size 9 Doc Martens. Total about $120+ in shoes.

It’s been two months since I bought those shoes and neither fit. The only shoes that actually fit are my size 8.5 Brooke’s. My parents told me to only wear my Brooke’s for running, so I’m wearing my size 9 Under Armor (bought for weight lifting) regularly. They’re size 9 and too big, but they fit more snug than my Vans, so it’s slightly more comfortable. I only really wear my Vans now if I’m just stepping outside to check the mail.

On this 5 month weight loss journey, I have bought a total of 4 pairs of shoes. Out of those shoes, one pair fits. I feel like I’ve wasted a ton of money.

Moral of the story, don’t be constantly buying fancy shoes when you’re trying to lose weight. Your wallet will thank you.

submitted by /u/queerlycatholic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iVCbpT

No comments:

Post a Comment