Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Question: Do you varying your calorie intake, taking breaks, eating at maintenance impacts your metabolism?

Hi Everyone,

I've used a TDEE and eat around 1400-1475 calories per day, get in 10,000 steps and get my heart rate up for 30 minutes daily. As a result, I'm 80 pounds down in approximately 2.5 years. It's not unusual for me to go in and out of windows of losing weight and plateaus (usually losing weight for 4-6 weeks, plateaus for 6-8). I just came back from a vacation where I ate more than usual....but nothing crazy. Based on my calorie tracking it averaged eating at maintenance. Then I got back on track and rather than hit my usual plateau, whoosh, the weight loss started. I've noticed this a time or two during other similar situations after the holidays or other windows of eating a bit more.

This makes me wonder if there is some benefit from changing things up on purpose to avoid the plateaus/move things along. I do want to say it's not always easy to get back on track and there have been a few times where the higher calorie eating went on longer than it should resulting in 3-5 pound weight gain and the first 2-3 days back on lower calories can be hard. I'm just wondering if I'm helping my metabolism when I eat a bit more?? or is it just a coincidence?

submitted by /u/MissCmotivated
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hdEzIe

No comments:

Post a Comment