Friday, August 21, 2020

Getting into the right headspace to lose weight...

So long story short, my weight has always fluctuated greatly. I’m 5’4” (female) and my weight has ranged from 110-160 as an adult. Currently, after quitting smoking + eating my quarantine feelings, I’m at 156. I have never felt good about my body at any of these weights - even at my thinnest I still felt huge although I was a size 0. I have an hourglass body shape so no matter how “thin” I am, I still have curves. I’ve always wanted the boyish, model thin body and since it’s not my body type anything else seems to look and feel “fat” to me. I obviously have deep seated body issues, problems with binging, and have gone through periods of anorexia. It dawned on me the other day that even if I did lose the weight again, I’d still hate my body.

Another stressor is that I have to cut my calories to around 900 per day to be able to lose weight. I have a fairly active job but still can’t manage to lose weight without drastically cutting my calories. I just simply don’t notice weight loss unless my calorie intake is very low. It’s pretty depressing and difficult to maintain a life while eating so little.

Has anyone else focused on fixing their negative body image issues before trying to lose weight? I’m concerned that after suffering through the weight loss I’ll just feel the same as I always have unless I tackle my mental health and body image issues. If you experienced this too, did anything help you, like certain books etc?

submitted by /u/folieadeux__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hkznlU

No comments:

Post a Comment