Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Losing weight without calorie counting

Hello! I have been losing weight without counting calories.

Just a quick 'about my weight loss journey' :

I've always struggled with food, typical body image issues caused by parents telling you to lose weight but never giving any education on how as well as never providing any healthier foods, naturally ended up getting into fitness and nutrition, lost weight, learned how to eat, how to work out, got pregnant, gained weight, lost most of pregnancy weight(keto and IF, of course calorie counting to ensure I hit my macros), ended up gaining 50lbs over the course of 2 years. Now we are here.

The weight gained occurred while I was TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT. I was counting calories. It hecked with my head, it made me obsess more over food, it gave me excuses to eat a horrible diet because "as long as it fits my calories" which led to more cravings, more binging..ugh. So I stopped trying to count calories. I went back to the first time I got into health and fitness. I ate mindfully. I started with small changes. Making low calorie swaps to help reduce calories without having to make much effort. I switched from regular coke to coke zero (it's closer to regular coke for those who don't like the taste of diet), I started using light mayo or miracle whip, sugar free coffee creamer, yasso frozen yogurt bars instead of ice cream, quaker crisps instead of chips, etc. I paid attention to hunger vs cravings. If I just finished a bowl of pasta and chicken an hour ago after a decent breakfast and I'm feeling "hungry" but all I've done today is throw in a load of laundry and watch youtube, I take that all into account and recognize I don't need food right now, my body is just used to having more than it needs. Quickly, certain foods became unappealing. Cookies almost immediately give me an upset stomach, I'm assuming due to the flour, sugar, vegetable oils, as I've stopped consuming(for the most part) flour, sugar and vegetable oils. They just don't make me feel good. Mindful eating guys. Not intuitive eating, mindful eating.

I started with this app called ATE

You don't count calories

You mindfully track your food by taking pictures of your meals when you're eating them to track how often you eat and how long you fast between meals, for each meal you can write notes and there are questions to answer like: Why did you eat? Where did you eat? What kind of food was it(homemade, prepackaged, etc.), etc. It helped start making better choices with my food, it allowed me to see when I ate from boredom, stress, socially, it allowed me to see how unbalanced my diet was

Mindful eating guys. If calorie counting is failing you, try it out.

Stats: 5'6" F 28

5/29/2020 209.4 lbs

8/14/2020 196.8lbs

12.6 lbs in 2.5 months without counting calories, maybe working out a few times a week. Mostly mindful eating.

submitted by /u/gitfitkit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q3jq7s

No comments:

Post a Comment