Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Stop stressing too much, it WILL happen.

I love CICO. After years of yo-yo dieting, finally understanding what causes weight loss seems like a miracle. But with great knowledge comes great responsibility, and at times it has gotten in my head. I recently went on vacation for two weeks. I think we all know how easy it is to let ourselves go during our getaways. No one wants to be stressing over how many calories we're eating, but we also don't want to "ruin" weeks of dieting either.

During my vacation I tried to stick with my daily calorie allowance, but found it hard when we went out to eat. None of the menus kept calorie counts. I'm already an indecisive person as is, but this made it 10x harder. I'd spend 10 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to eat, and then regret it after. When the food came out, it was delicious. But then afterwards I would be stuck trying to figure out just how much I ate.

After the first time we went out to eat, I realized it was mentally draining trying to keep this guessing game up. I finally accepted the fact that even after I reach my goal weight, I won't be 100% sure of how many calories are in foods/drinks when I go out to eat with my friends. Although 2 weeks of vacation can set me back, as long as I tried my best to stick with my calorie allowance then I did my best on trying to prepare for maintenance. At this point I was expecting the worst but hoping for the best when it came to scale time. In that way I wouldn't be surprised if I had gained.

I lost 5 pounds during that vacation, and surprisingly enjoyed myself while I was at it. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't stress yourself out. There is already enough going on in the world to stress you out, no need to put some extra stress and drain yourself. Even if the scale didn't move or if I had gained, it wouldn't have "ruined" everything. It'd take an extra week or so, but weight loss shouldn't be a race anyways. I know it can be hard to let yourself relax and have fun but I hope this helps to reassure someone reading. Even if you take two steps forward and one back, as long as you keep at it, you WILL reach your goal weight. Stressing too much doesn't do anything but hurt. You can reach your goal and have fun while you're at it too :)

submitted by /u/ChelsAtTheDisco
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FwccH7

No comments:

Post a Comment