Thursday, August 20, 2020

Need advice - My family keeps encouraging me to eat more

Background: I originally started my weight loss goal a few years ago. I am a 5'5" woman, 31 years old. I was originally at 220 lbs, now at 175 lbs. My goal weight is to be 140 lbs, so that I will be in a healthy range BMI. I have a sedentary job, and I exercise, but not as regularly as I would like (~1x / week). A big part of my weight loss journey has been learning to stop eating when I am full, not snacking mindlessly, and not binge eating.

I recently got engaged, and I live with my fiance and his family (mother and 2 brothers). They are Italian. My future MIL is incredibly sweet and a wonderfully welcoming person, but always encourages me to eat more than I actually want to. "Mangia! Mangia!" My fiance is very thin, exercises a lot, and has an insanely high metabolism. (Side rant: I'm always shocked that someone so small can be eating all the flipping time.) My future MIL seems to take it that I either don't like the food or I'm not feeling at home if I don't eat enough for her liking. Once when I was refusing more food, she gasped "You're not trying to lose weight, are you? <In Italian> Men like meat, bones are better for the dogs."

I don't know how to explain that I mainly want to lose weight for my health, and that it's not an insult to her hospitality or cooking.

submitted by /u/kovercrafy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YBn6Cr

No comments:

Post a Comment