Tuesday, October 20, 2020

How did you choose your goal weight?

I'm looking for personal anecdotes on how you chose your goal weight. And if you are maintaining your weight loss, have you maintained it at your original goal?

I got pregnant with my son 2.5 years ago and I was 26 and overweight (5'4.5", 162 lbs). The day before my son was born I was 182 lbs. The weight came off very quickly after his birth, I was to my prepregnancy weight within a week and the weight kept dropping fast. I was working out hard and was being mindful about eating healthy and in moderation. Within 6 months I was down to 112 lbs and I maintained this weight for almost a year. Unfortunately, I overshot my weight loss and I was having a lot of symptoms that were related to my weight loss. My primary care doctor, OBGYN, dermatologist, and cardiologist were all concerned. I ended up having to have my body fat tested (which was 11.8%) and had to see a sports nutritionist. I was always cold, I was passing out more frequently (I have some cardiac issues that cause this to start with), I was constantly dizzy, my resting heart rate was in the low 40s and would sometimes dip into the 30s, I was constantly fatigued, and hypotensive (more than normal). Due to Covid I stopped going to the gym and started stress eating. I got all the way up to 134 lbs pretty quickly and was maintaining there without any restriction to my eating (I could eat whatever I desired and not gain weight, I think my body was just content with this weight). My cardiac issues are significantly improved and my electrophysiologist said I was harming my cardiac function from having too low of body fat.

I just don't like how I look at 134 lbs. I went from having 6 pack abs to chub. The gyms opened back up so I am rock climbing again and have been weight lifting at home. I started watching what I ate a couple weeks ago and am now 128 lbs and starting to feel a bit better about my body. The only guidance I have received from my cardiologist is to just be careful not to lose too much weight like I had before. So I'm trying to find a happy medium and I'm thinking of maintaining between 120 and 125 lbs. I want to be healthy physically and also feel good about my body! I am already surprised how different I look at 128 than 134 (my top abs are finally visible again), so I'm hoping a couple more lbs will also make a big difference.

I'm looking forward to hearing others stories!

submitted by /u/aes628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kkthDI

No comments:

Post a Comment