Thursday, October 22, 2020

I have lost ~30 lbs since July!

I gained about 70 lbs in 8 months from being on remeron and mirtazapine, which made me very hungry all the time, I went from 170 lbs to being 240!

By July I was 240 lbs and I felt horrible and depressed and anxious in every way.

I switched to Latuda a few months ago and my weight started going away, from me eating less and riding my bike and walking every day. I do not count my calories for various reasons... I just eat healthy food and cut out processed sugar.

I have also switched to a 100% plant based diet and started running and doing mostly body weight exercises in a home gym. Since doing this two weeks ago I have lost about 10 pounds. I feel great and my body is ready... to lose more weight. My target weight is 170-180.

My weight gain was more induced from medication than anything else, but yes weight loss is possible. In July I was worried I would never lose the weight. I am also working out again so I should hopefully be able to gain muscle too.

Three times a week I do 20 mins of cardio in the gym on a stationary bike, 30 pushups, 30 weighted squats, and 3 sets of 30 second planks when I work out. On days that I go running, I am running a mile down and uphill, as that is all I can really do right now. I will also go for a decent distance on a walk on running days.

I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and stuff like tofu, quinoa, lentils, and plant based protein shakes for protein. I take methylation support and multivitamins and b vitamins every day.

I have also gotten sober and have been drug free for 30 days and am working the AA program from my residential treatment/sober living house. 30 is my lucky number today.

feelsgoodman.jpg

submitted by /u/alexjonestownmasscre
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oj8S43

No comments:

Post a Comment