Friday, October 23, 2020

I've lost 6lbs in 4 and a half weeks!!

I'm very excited so I had to share this somewhere. I had been gradually gaining weight since I hit my 20s and after the lockdown added another 30lbs out of seemingly no where, I decided enough was enough.

My starting weight was 13st 6lbs (I am 23F standing at 5'7"). I set my goal to 9st 0lbs because if I'm going to do this, let's aim high!!

My technique is a gradual one, exercise at least once a week at the gym, with a few shorter workouts sprinkled through the weekdays (sit ups, skipping rope, etc). My main weight loss technique is simply cutting down my calories - my meals are generally balanced and healthy, my portion sizes and snacking is not. So I got an app called MyFitnessPal and set up my account: start weight, goal, rate of weight loss desired (1-2lbs a week) and age/height. It calculated that I should eat no more than 1,550 kcal a day and it's very easy to enter and save food items and the kcals so that you can select them for a meal quickly.

Keeping my breakfast and work lunches pretty much the same everyday means the main variable is my snacks and evening meal. I even looked up portion sizes for an idea of how much I should be eating (turns out I need double the veggies I normally make and about half the hot chips).

I wasn't eating very much before because this calorie cut hasn't really left me too hungry. I've just stopped snacking all the time! I've cut all soft drinks and my only liquids are water, a glass of wine as a treat or a cup of tea.

I started this routine 4 and a half weeks ago and this morning I hit 13st 0lbs!!!

I'm so happy that this is working and it's incredible to see the consistent shedding of the pounds!!

submitted by /u/MedeaRene
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3koGyuU

No comments:

Post a Comment