Wednesday, November 25, 2020

1,000 calories p/day not enough?

TW: Calorie counting, weight?

It might seem like a stupid question.
This is also my first post... so I'm sorry if I stuff this up. Please feel free to educate me.

I have never really tracked my weight since High School (about 5 years ago), and never really gave a heck about it, I was about 50 KGS. I'm now a 23F, 163 cm and around 59.00 KGS. About two years into my relationship I realised I got really comfortable with myself and maybe also because of the lockdown have just felt kinda bleh. So i started doing work outs from home. I bought a scale, out of curiosity and I weighed about 63 KGS. So I'm aware that I've gained quite a bit of weight but I still "appear healthy", I just don't feel healthy.

I'm not really a person into temporary diets or restrictions, I just kind of eat what I want in moderation, but I downloaded a calorie app just to track my usual patterns and encourage me to make healthier choices (note: I haven't yet really changed anything about my diet).

I've realised that I generally average 900 - 1000 calories a day. I haven't changed any of my foods that I eat for lunch or dinner (I never eat breakfast) and I honestly feel fine, but is this a bad thing?

I came across several articles about Adele's weight loss trick of sticking to 1,000 calories per day and the backlash over it, and it never occurred to me that it was unhealthy.

What problems will I run into if I keep eating as usual? I always feel full enough and I didn't realise it was a problem... Should I really be increasing it if I feel fine? I've lost about 2 KGS so far but that's only because I've started exercising, which I've literally never bothered with before.

submitted by /u/skiyogurt19
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3l1Vwqg

No comments:

Post a Comment