Monday, November 30, 2020

Weight Loss and Chronic Injury

Ok so..I'm new and desperate.

Introduction: 28F 5'7 SW:181 GW:148 no real job, anxiety, depression, potential food addiction, chronic injuries. Heaviest weight 183, lowest fit weight 155.

I suffered 2 herniated disks in a car accident about 6 years ago (one low lumber and one low cervical). -I have been in 10 car accidents (only 1 my fault and only by law as it was rear end in NY, they slammed the brakes). I have had multiple cervical sprains, back soreness and the messed up disks. I am almost constantly hurt (current is an MCL sprain). -It seems no matter how I try to get back into being active I get hurt again. I enjoy yoga, sports, jogging, and sometimes HIIT. I always stretch. Previous injuries include multiple broken bones, sprained wrists and ankles, knees that just pop out, cervical sprains. I know I need to strengthen my hips. I LOVE eating. -I will eat and eat. I'm active but I still eat too much of the wrong things and I know it. I love sugar and sweets. I have a texture sensitivity so certain foods are ALWAYS out (ie fish, I just cannot stand the texture) I'd say I can eat right up to 5 days in a week but I will binge probably 2 times a month (think 1000 extra calories)

So I'm here because I need some help. I do things for my anxiety and depression and I know how exercise can help. I've tried a dietitian and nutritionist and they were no help to me. I'd rather be more active than change what I eat, but I'm constantly getting injured.

I want to "start from zero". I'm thinking stretching and yoga daily with some an work. (I am currently limited by my MCL sprain and only allowed to work in the sagittal plane. This mostly knocks out yoga. I am in PT.) My problem is that I don't know how to take it slow. I have a heavy bag calling my name and I know I need to wait.

What comes after stretching and yoga and light walking? How can I rehab my entire body and move up the ladder to strengthening and jogging?

With not working and being "at-risk" in a pandemic I cannot go to the gym or pay a personal trainer. I, unfortunately, also cannot continue down this road. My Heaviest ever was 183 and I swore I would never go there again. I've always wanted to be around 150 (GW 148.5) but never gotten there. I'm begging anyone out there who can help me to help me figure this out. My problem isn't with moving itself, but avoiding constant sideline injuries.

submitted by /u/Strugglebus29
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39sRNjh

No comments:

Post a Comment