Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Why do I keep plateauing at the same exact weight?

Been having a rough time losing weight the last few months, but I've noticed that it doesn't seem to matter what I do or how little I eat, I always wind up right back at 205 pounds.

A couple weeks ago, I cut my calorie intake down to 1000 calories a day because 1200 a day was apparently still too much and I lost seven pounds in five days, taking me from 212 to 205. Then the weight loss just came to a screeching halt yet again in spite of sticking to that same calorie deficit. I don't know why my body seems to like 205 pounds so much, but that's always where my body seems to hit the brakes. At the rate I was going, I should have hit 200 pounds this week.

It's not the first time this has happened either. I'd have a bad couple weeks here and there where I fall off the wagon, gain back 5-10 pounds, then I'd pick up my diet again and drop all the weight I gained, only for it to end at 205 once more.

Is this normal for weight loss to stall continuously in the same place in spite of so much calorie cutting? I can't make any sense of it. I can't imagine that 1000 calories a day is maintenance, but I can't think of any other reason why this would happen.

I know people will likely ask about this, so I'll answer now: Yes, I am logging my calories accurately and honestly (sort of - I often round calories up, so I'm usually a little eating below 1000 a day). Yes, I am weighing out all foods in grams on a fully functioning kitchen scale to ensure I'm getting exactly as many calories as I think. Yes, I have re-calculated my TDEE (for my goal weight) and I am eating below it by more than 100 calories. I currently am doing a combination of intermittent fasting, volume eating and calorie restriction.

submitted by /u/BingoHighway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/364LbFA

No comments:

Post a Comment