Tuesday, November 24, 2020

SV & NSV: I finally looked at the numbers...

Back story: In August 2017, at age 27, I weighed 325lbs. This was nothing new. I had been between 315 and 330 for many years. After lots of back and forth, pros and cons... I decided to have RNY gastric bypass surgery.

I know a lot of people get salty about weight loss surgery and think that it's "cheating" but let me tell you - it's not as easy as it probably seems. I know quite a few people who have had some form of weight loss surgery that lost a great deal of weight and then fell back into old habits and regained some (or most) of the weight back. So, having surgery certainly helps A LOT with weight loss, but you still have to completely overhaul your relationship with food.


So, now to my journey... Surgery day was August 27, 2017 and I weighed 310lbs. Over the course of the next year or so I dropped down to 230lbs and just stuck there for a while. Then life, stress, and depression hit... I lost motivation and I fell back into bad habits [sad trombone]. I regained some weight and in August 2019 I was up to 262lbs. I felt awful; I felt like a failure. I felt like I'd never reach my goal.

Then I experienced some major life changes in August 2019 and it helped me get motivated to lose weight again.

Method: I began to count calories. Limited myself to 1200cal/day. Cracked down on carb intake; I didn't really cut carbs or do keto or anything like that... I just stopped eating simple carbs. The carbs that I would eat were things like quinoa, brown rice, lentils, chickpeas, black beans, etc. I switched from sugary liquid coffee creamer to protein drinks with a little stevia. I cut way back on snacking and try to avoid it whenever possible. However, I try to keep fresh fruit, nuts, and yogurt available for between meals if I'm feeling unshakeably snackish. I also got a job that keeps me on my feet and moving for 8 hours a day.


So, now that I've given you my life story... Here are the numbers:

  • Height: 5'3"
  • Original starting weight August 2017: 325lbs
  • Lowest weight (first time): 230lbs
  • Starting weight August 2019: 262lbs
  • Current weight: 184lbs
  • Goal weight: 160ish ??? I'm not really sure tbh.
  • Lost since August 2019: 78lbs
  • Total lost: 141lbs

Measurements - began tracking September 2019 at 242lbs:

  • Waist: 45" to 35.5"
  • Hips: 56" to 45"
  • Bust: 47" to 39.5"
  • Neck: 15" to 12.75"
  • Right Bicep: 17" to 12.5"
  • Right Calf: 18" to 16"
  • Right Thigh: 28" to 24"

[Note: I only measure the right side extremeties because my right will always be bigger due to being right side dominant.]

Other various info:

  • Shirt size: 3X/4X to L
  • Jeans: 26W to 12

So, that's me. That's my journey so far. I never thought I'd do it. But here I am. It's been a long road and I still have 20-25lbs to go. But I'm pretty proud of how far I've gotten. Pictures if anyone is interested: Progress

I believe in you, loseit friends. Sometimes we don't succeed on the first try... Or even the second. But just keep trying because I know you can do it! Try. Learn. Evaluate. Adjust. Keep going. One day at a time. One pound at a time. 💖

submitted by /u/DarthNerdious805
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Zeb1q

No comments:

Post a Comment