Saturday, November 28, 2020

Help Me Stay on the Bandwagon F20 SW200 CW 173 GW120

Hey all. I’ve tried a variety of things to lose weight since August 1. Since then I’ve lost 20-30 pounds depending where I assume my start weight to be. I’m now at the cusp of overweight/obese. I’ve tried a variety of things and...I’m scared that my lack of consistency in approach may leave me vulnerable to falling off the wagon, especially as weight loss increases in difficulty when there is less to lose. If anyone could give suggestions, that would be nice. I’d like to streamline my game-plan on my journey from overweight to normal weight.

I’d prefer something restrictive and quick. I’ve built up a decent amount of self control and feel I can do something pretty strict.

If I were to single out the thing that made the most difference, it would probably be 1) weight training and 2) Volume eating.

Does anyone have success not on a diet per se (Keto, CICO, etc.) but just losing weight by sticking to a certain set of rules? Am I shooting myself in the foot by not doing something universally tried and true? I’m just aware of myself not being likely to stick to something that’s tedious or restrictive of certain food groups (I don’t live alone), and then falling off the wagon and getting discouraged.

August (-9)

Intuitive eating. No exercise. Lived with my vegan stepfather and ate very little. Lived in a big city so was more active. Also was consistent with ADF.

September (-2)

Moved back in with my grandparents. Small town in the country so less movement. Intuitive eating and transitioned into occasional calorie counting. Running 2-3 times per week. Occasional 15 minute HIIT. Ate more than I should have and nearly gained half the weight back at points.

October (-4)

Consistent weight training. Intuitive eating w/ some macro/calorie counting. Began weight training 3x week.

November (-6 so far)

3-6 mile walks daily. Strength training 3x week. Week of ADF + Intuitive eating + volume eating with the following rules:

  • 3 meals a day
  • salad or fruit after every meal
  • no nighttime eating
  • no meal over 400-600 estimated calories
  • unless it’s a 8/10 or more on a strict desire scale
submitted by /u/okurh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37g4fjF

No comments:

Post a Comment