Tuesday, November 24, 2020

I need help with emotional eating but not sure where to turn. Nutritional coach? Therapist? Dietician? I need a serious intervention asap.

I am currently in therapy and on medications for anxiety and depression, but my therapist does not have much experience working with food related issues so she is encouraging me (and helping me to) to seek help elsewhere. The problem is that I'm not sure where to turn.

I saw a dietician for a while, but her solution was to promote intuitive eating, which meant that she was encouraging me to drive to CVS every night to pick up chocolate, because that's what I was craving. While I know this approach might be successful for some, I feel like my cravings and my binge eating are out of control, and the last thing I need to do is give myself what I'm craving. (In the same way that you wouldn't give a 5 year old unlimited ice cream). I am also not interested in HAES.

I also met with therapist who focused on eating disorders, but her approach was to help me accept and love myself rather than helping me change habits. I recognize this is important, but that's not what I'm looking for right now. Maybe in the future.

I think I am really looking for a coach to check in with me weekly, kind of like a therapist, but who just focuses on my relationship with food. I want help understanding why I eat the way I do, I want accountability and someone to call me on my bullshit, and I want strategies to eat things that are going to make my body feel good. Yes, I'd also like weight loss.

I just feel like I am in a whirlwind of self destruction and I need a serious food intervention. Does anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/hi5yourface
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KvfRYe

No comments:

Post a Comment