Monday, November 30, 2020

Absolutely terrified of gaining back the weight a second time

Some background: 5’8-5’9 male, around 3 years ago I started losing weight from 95kg at a pretty low point in my life, and managed to get all the way down to below 70kg. I thought I’d “take a break” the week leading up to my birthday.... and that break lasted forever.

Few months ago my life was the most miserable it’s ever been because of several factors, some due to COVID, some not, but most were my fault. I figured if I could do one thing right it was getting back to a healthy weight. Through CICO, exercise, and intermittent fasting, I’ve been losing a kilo a week, and so far I’ve gotten down from 100kg (my all time max) to 86 or so now. It’s going great honestly, consistent with minimal plateaus, but I don’t wanna yo-yo this time, and am still not completely sure why I did so last time. Why I wanted to take that break.

One possible reason is that even though intermittent fasting suits me, I may have gone too far and started OMAD when I wasn’t ready for it. Another might be that I was trying to gain muscle at the same time, and pushing myself at the gym beyond what I’d be comfortable doing regularly and sustainably. This time I won’t worry about muscle or looking toned until I lose the fat, and will stick to a relatively large and flexible eating window like 16:8. But I’m also worried that, the only two times in my life I’ve been motivated to start losing weight was because my life was down in the gutter, and the first time I just gave up when life got good again. I don’t want that to happen again. I want to stay healthy for the rest of my life, through highs and lows. The weight loss is going fine for now, but it’s just a matter of seeing whether or not I can maintain once I reach my goal.

I wanna hear about what some of you guys’ experiences are with yo-yoing and weight maintenance. When you finally stopped gaining the weight back, what was it that you did different? I’ll take all the wisdom I can get.

submitted by /u/tenamonth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mrJJTy

No comments:

Post a Comment