Tuesday, November 24, 2020

What I've learned about maintaing

I'm 20 and since last year through CICO and consistency I've lost 24kgs and reached my goal weight which I never thought was possible for me, after being overweight my whole life.

Now I have been maintaining my weight loss for 4 months now And theres a lot of things I've learnt.

Losing weight is a lot easier because you have way more motivation to keep going. You see changes on the scale, in the mirror, everyone congratulating you. For the first couple of months. Once you reach your goal and stay there, people get used to you, so you don't get those congratulations. You don't see many physical or weight changes, because you're at where you want to be. You run out of motivation and what you have left are habits.

Thats why I reckon if I had lost the weight through an extreme fad diet, not taken the time to learn about nutrition, what kinda food works for me, what exercise is right for me and makes me feel good and developed a whole routine for myself, maintaining would be impossible.

Maintaining is the real test after your weight loss. To see if you have actually changed your habits for good.

submitted by /u/throwawayloseit5893
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/360eJ7b

No comments:

Post a Comment