Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Is it harder to lose weight the second time?

I achieved my goal, weight and physique wise earlier this year. However, due to the worldly situation, the weather getting colder and wetter, and being stuck inside everyday and being unable to do any kind of cardio outside, I basically regained all the weight I lost over the summer. Gyms also closed again, yay! Stress equals binge eating and there's not much to do besides eat right now.

I've decided to try to lose weight again, by basically just doing the same thing I did before. I got down to 145lbs from 160lbs by eating around 2000 calories a day and doing IF. I have some basic lifting equipment at home and I'd usually lift for a 1 hour and 30 minutes, then take a walk outside right after for about an hour to hit 10k steps. I'm basically doing the exact same thing since I am now 160 again. The only difference is I can't take a walk outside, so I am pacing back and forth in my apartment (not enough room for HIIT or movement based cardio, but I have a decently long hallway that I can walk back and forth in). I am pacing my hallway for 30 minutes to an hour, just to hit 10k steps for the day as tracked by my smartwatch. All this exercise takes place during my fasting window; I eat right after I hit 10k steps. In addition to that, I take a short 15-20 minute walk/hall way pace after every meal, resulting in a daily step total of around 14-15k steps. I only eat twice in a day: once post workout, and once a couple hours before bed containing some protein and fats from cottage cheese.

I've been at it for several weeks, but my weight hasn't changed at all. It just fluctuates between 155 and 160, despite me doing the exact same thing to lose weight before, except now I am walking inside. My steps per day are the exact same and I do get my heart rate up during my daily pace (power pace, if you will). I checked my weight loss logs from back in the summer and I started seeing progress imminently and never had any plateaus. However, this time around doing the same things, I'm basically starting off in a plateau. I wonder then, is your body more resistant to losing weight the 2nd time around?

submitted by /u/LostDevices
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39dEhQA

No comments:

Post a Comment