Monday, November 23, 2020

Dealing with medication that causes insatiable hunger

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the best sub for this but I’ve lurked here for years and thought someone might have some good advice.

I’m 26, 5’3 180lbs. I have pretty severe PCOS, diagnosed in July, and I’ve been doing all sorts of things to try and manage it (zero success yet). The PCOS does impact my weight, obviously. My period stopped 4 years ago and within a year of it stopping, I had gained 70 pounds. Between now and March I went from 204 to 180. It was nothing short of pure hell to lose that weight and you can’t even see the weight loss, so I can’t even enjoy that lol

My issue now is, my doctor switched me to a new birth control to help control my PCOS symptoms (Slynd). This pill literally makes me ravenously hungry, with absolutely no fullness signals. It’s misery. I’m so hungry 24/7 that it’s all I can think about. I don’t mean like slight hunger or “oh i could eat something”. I mean, feels like I haven’t ate in days, death is imminent hunger.

While I’m eating, I’m not even able to taste or enjoy my food because I feel so desperately hungry. I wake up in the middle of the night with hunger pains. It is so distracting to feel this hungry and to get zero relief from it. Yesterday, I was trying to focus on a work project and the hunger was so distracting, that I allowed myself to eat more than usual just to try and get some relief and I ended up eating until I felt nauseous. The nausea lasted for about 10 minutes and I was immediately severely hungry again.

I know the whole “pills don’t have calories” spiel and I know it’s just a matter of willpower to simply not eat but my quality of life and ability to function is seriously being impacted. I am miserable.

Has anyone experienced this before and how did you resolve it?

submitted by /u/showmethe_bunny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pUuyEp

No comments:

Post a Comment