Tuesday, November 24, 2020

(NSV) Just bought my first XL shirt in 6 years. And it completely changed my perspective.

Been on my new regiment for about 7 months and yesterday bought an XL shirt for the first time in more than a half decade. And it really changed my weight loss journey.

I have been pretty diligent on this diet, I’ve lost a bit more than 40 pounds, am more than halfway to my goal, and am close to the lightest I’ve been since before college. However, I have been frustrated with the lack of noticeable result. Every now and then I’d see a glimpse of a thinner me, but in pictures and in the mirror I just didn’t really notice much of a difference. And then yesterday happened.

I was in a store (with a mask on) and I brought a XXL and a XL shirt into the changing room. I put on the XXL shirt and looked at myself. It looked like me. I could see a bit of a difference. I wasn’t straining the shirt like I did at my heaviest, but it still looked about the same. Then I put the XL on. The first bit of euphoria was that it actually fit. I wasn’t struggling to suck in my gut to keep the buttons from exploding like a cartoon steam pipe. But then I looked in the mirror and for the first time I actually noticed a difference. I was noticeable thinner and healthier looking than I had been 7 months ago. The effort and work I was putting in was having an impact.

Point being, this helped me realize something kind of obvious in retrospect, wearing clothes meant for bigger people are going to make you look bigger. I’m not going to totally replace my closet, god forbid I backslide, but wearing fitted clothes will show you actual results.

submitted by /u/LoseItMotivationPLZ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pX3Afo

No comments:

Post a Comment