Thursday, November 26, 2020

[Century Club] November 26, 2020 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous topics: Visualization - Eating Out - Top Concern - Holidays- 2020 - Changes - Weakness - What did you miss? - seasons - Funny Stories - Schedules - Fun - Health - Exercise - Denial - Headwinds - Streaks - Other People - Toolkit - Breaks - Support - Clothing - The Unexpected - Self-image - How do you end your journey? - What made it click? - Loose Skin


Today's Topic: Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the USA. Usually a day for large meals surrounded by family and friends. Days like this can be stressful for anyone on a weight loss journey. So first off, take a breath. Then give thanks.

Even though this 2020 is an unusual year and I hope all of you Centurions can take a brief pause and give thanks to all of their support structure. Enjoy a meal with your loved ones ad above all stay happy and healthy as we really enter the end of year holiday season.

I'm thankful for the following people this year: - My young adult children - My partner (who has literally been with me from thick to thin) - My extended family whom I won't get to see this year - My doctors who help me stay healthy, and all the health care workers especially those who will not get to celebrate because they are taking care of others3 - The farm workers and meat packers who produce all of the bounty we will enjoy later (essential workers all year around any year) - Anyone and everyone who volunteers their time to feed others in need - Last, but not least the community here at r/loseit

My partner and I were planning on spending the evening by ourselves, but my oldest will be joining us since his brother is in the second week of a coronavirus quarantine, and even though he got one negative test result there's little sense in taking unnecessary risks.

What about you Centurion? What are you thankful for in 2020?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/366NHuY

No comments:

Post a Comment