Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Dealing with resentment after weight loss?

Edit: TL;DR I'm now slim and I'm upset at getting the attention I once craved. I resent people who like me because I feel like it's because of my weight loss, not because of who I am. Is there any way to cope with this?

Hi Guys! I noticed I hadn't seen this topic discussed alot. I always see "other people don't like me", which I haven't experienced. I've only dealt with the sudden influx of mostly men being interested in me. I went from a size 16 185 pounds at 5 foot to a small size 4 at 118 pounds (thanks r/loseit! you guys are awesome btw!!). Being called a "skinny legend" is fun and all, but the novelty of being the tiny little cute girl is... wearing off. Suddenly I'm "gorgeous" and it's been making me extremely bitter. I've gotten back to a weight I feel like "myself" but my confidence hasn't really changed. I've tried to think about the whole "Weight loss = confidence even if you don't notice" but I'm literally the exact same, if not struggling with the same issues. I still have shitty mental health and struggle with all the same things, but now that I'm smaller and "cuter" I'm acceptable and worthy of attention. I reject every single advance that comes toward me because I'm so angry by it. The same men who wouldn't even give me a second look are now calling me "so interesting" and sliding in my dm's commenting on how pretty they always thought I was, and it makes me wanna scream. I was genuinely a more confident person when I was bigger, I was more lively and more in love with my life. Now I'm a bit more reserved (still getting used to life as i am, I had to adjust my life so much to lose the weight). After all the hard work I put in, I thought maybe I'd finally "have a chance" at getting a boyfriend but now that I'm here I'm extremely resentful to anyone that shows me romantic affection. It makes me think once I gain weight because of hormones or a natural part of life they'll leave me instantly. It makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even begin to explain how disgusting it makes me feel if someone finds me attractive, it makes me think all they see is my weight and how slim I am now EVEN if they don't even mention it! Anyone else deal with this? Is there anyway to really deal with this at all?

submitted by /u/OneDay95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m547tw

No comments:

Post a Comment