Friday, November 27, 2020

How my weight loss landed me in the emergency room

Hey there, Chris here . This is the original script for my videohttps://youtu.be/T2lfzcjotDQ . I decided to just go off of the cuff, but this is was my first draft before filming. This is about what wish I had known when I started my weight loss journey. With this knowledge I would have avoided a lot of pain and suffering.

Cutting calories should be a slow process and the consequences of cutting to much can be devastating and counter productive. The worst for me was weakened immune system, insomnia while exhausted, sleep eating, and out of control irritability. The worst of those being the weakened immune system. here is what happened to me.

I had been working a lot of hours at work as well as preparing for a vacation. It was my first paid vacation in almost a decade. I was going to the redwood in my camper van with my recently purchased motorcycle on the back. About 3 day into the trip I came down with the shingles. I had pain all over my body and lesions on my skin. I was at least 30 minutes from cellphone signal and 5 hrs away from the nearest in-network urgent care. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I was in imminence pain. I am a person who rarely gets sick and was in good health at the start of the trip. This could happen to anyone who has had the chicken pox. From the campsite I drove 2 hrs at a time and would sleep a couple hours. Once I got to the urgent care in Eugene Oregon. They found my symptoms to be to severe for them to treat. They thought I may have been having a brain aneurysm so they urged me to go to the emergency room for a brain scan. My S/o was terrified. It was a scary, rough and very expensive experience to say the lease.

Next would be the insomnia and sleep eating. Thankfully I was training so hard that I could fall asleep pretty easy. the problem was staying asleep. I was also waking up finding food wrappers around me and spoons still half coated in peanut butter. The body is smart and it wants to keep you alive.

Finally would be the irritability and this was the most trying on my relationship. Every little thing set me off. Even if the things that were bothering me were worth mentioning I would go about dealing with it in the worst ways. It was exhausting being so upset for no good reason.

Now here comes the part where I state what I did vs what I wish I had done. I wanted to lose weight desperately. I was 375 pounds and felt like I was being crushed under my own weight. In my desperation I took myself from about 5000 calories if I managed to avoid a binge down to 2000 calories or less per day. I was shocked when I started tracking calories and realized how much I was eating and made to much of a change. Not only did I cut my food intake but I was also doing 6 day a week of lifting and 7 days a week of at least 20min on the elliptical. What I should have done is find my maintenance calories. Not to just what one of the calculator said but found what it takes to stay the same weight. Then cut that by 500 to 1000 per day while slowly adding in working out. Slowly changing the foods I ate each day. Using tracking and channels on youtube like obese2beast and later coach Greg to find low calorie foods that actually filled me up. I cannot wait to do a video.

submitted by /u/Snoo_67941
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3odrTnZ

No comments:

Post a Comment