Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Tips for healthy weight loss after an ED?

Okay so this is my first post here, and I'm aiming this specifically at those who have experience with an eating disorder.

I suffered from anorexia for 6 years, short periods of "recovery" where I'd binge eat and gain massive amounts of weight just to lose it all again. I couldn't afford therapy after I moved out of my mom's house and couldn't be on hers, so I did it all on my own. Sadly I still can't afford it, but I finally feel like I'm in the clear and trying to approach weight loss from a healthy place.

The problem is, I've realized that while in theory I know how to lose weight, I don't really know how to put it in to practice. I managed to stop binging and not go back into heavily restricting, but I'm only maintaining at my new weight and have been for almost a year.

Also, before anyone worries I actually am in the overweight category BMI wise, and I can feel the affects on my body. I'm tired, I'm sluggish, my joints hurt... That's what made me realize maintaining isn't good enough anymore.

Anyway sorry for the rant, any tips I can get for putting all the facts and science I know into practice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

submitted by /u/wannabeelsewhere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/372JwQo

No comments:

Post a Comment