Monday, November 30, 2020

My one month term of service has started, thankfully space command has prepared all the food I'll need.

Hey everyone, I'm TastyCinnaRoll and I am addicted to food. I'm not at a healthy weight or body fat percentage and I've struggled to get it under control for years.

So here's the deal. I've prepared (most) of the food I'll need to eat for the next 31 days ahead of time and it's all neatly packed into my freezer and cupboards. Serving sizes measured out, ready to pop open or throw in the microwave.

I was inspired by several posts I came across where people were talking about treating the quarantine like a space mission, like they were Mark Watney living in a little outpost on Mars. It inspired me to think about my food consumption the same way.

So, with that being said. I am in charge of maintaning this outpost for the next 31 days. As the title says though, I've got everything I need to survive. Individually packaged and measured out food rations.

Here is the list:

4 x Minestrone & ciabbata buns 148 calories each, 592 total

4 x Vegetable soup & ciabbata buns 108 Calories each, 432 total

4 x Onion soup with cheese & ciabbata buns 178 Calories each, 712 total

4 x Almond chocolate trail mix 300 Calories each, 1200 total

5 x Dried fruit and nut mix 230 calories each, 1150 total

3 x Bean vindaloo with naan and quinoa 585 calories each, 1755 total

3 x Bean chicken masala with naan and quinoa 563 calories each, 1689 total

6 x Chicken korma with naan 631 calories each, 3786 total

9 x Beef with carrots and potatoes stew 354 calories each, 3186 total

4 x BBQ sauce chicken breasts with creamy chive pasta 652 calories each, 2608 total

8 x Mushroom onion pasta casserole 394 calories each, 4728 total

10 x Hearty vegetable stew 454 calories each, 4536 total

12 x chocolate covered peanuts 320 Calories each, 3840 total

11 x In shell roasted peanuts 300 Calories each, 3300 total

62 x morning coffee & evening tea (not pre assembled) 134 calories each, 8308 total

10 x Shakshuka (fresh egg added when cooking) 259 calories each, 2590 Cal's total

8 x Cinnamon rolls 335 calories each, 2680 total

For the mission, space command would also like me to run at a calorie defecit. So they've limited my intake to 1750 calories per day. Though it's up to me how I consume them and when. I've come up with a distribution where some days I have fewer and some I have more.

The eagle eyed among you will have noticed that this doesn't add up. I'm still 8182 calories short for the month. That's because I messed up and also because my freezer is full. Looks like I'm going to need to arrange a supply drop near the end of the mission.

So here are my base stats:

Age: 32

Sex: Male

Level of activity: Medium

Height: 6'/ 183cm

Weight:198 pounds / 89.9kg

Neck Measurement: 16.9" / 43cm

Waist Measurement: 39.96" / 101.5cm

Body Fat Percentage: 23.7%

Calculated here

Maintenance Calories Per Day: 2766

1kg/week weight loss Calories Per Day: 1766 ( Rounding down to 1750 to makes calculations easier)

My goal:

Is to go through the month eating nothing but what I've pre-prepared. With the exception of the 8182 calories that will likely come from further meal prep when my freezer starts emptying out.

If the 1kg a week weight loss amount holds true, I should be down to roughly 85.9kg by the end of it. Though the weight loss is secondary, the most important thing I want to do over this month is reset my cravings and my relationship with food. To better get used to portioning things correctly for myself, and to resist the urge to binge. By the end of it, I want to be prepared to keep going until I'm at my desired weight and then maintain that weight through healthy lifestyle choices and a better relationship with food.

I'm going to include before pictures here. I'm hoping the comparison with the after will make me happy.

Also, I'm posting here because I feel like it's really going to help keep me focused and in line. This is the grand gesture, the extra little push to remind me to be good. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out, expect updates!

Here is all of my food laid out

Here are my before pictures

submitted by /u/TastyCinnaRoll
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HSwpIL

No comments:

Post a Comment