Monday, November 30, 2020

Sometimes you need to remind your body you're not actually starving

27F 5'4" SW 218 CW 172 GW: 170, then 160, then who knows.

I was at a 3-week plateau before Thanksgiving. I was so hungry and grumpy and frustrated-- at my height and weight, I was eating 1310 per day (I'm in grad school and it's finals season, so exercise isn't really happening). For Thanksgiving I thought aw, fuck it, I don't want to think too hard about it. I'll just eat what I want and worry about it next week.

The day after Thanksgiving I had an extra 4lbs. The day after that was my lowest weight to date, and I realized that I wasn't either hungry or grumpy, and that I hadn't been since the holiday. Looking back on it, I think my body needed the extra food to remember that it's not actually starving. Sustained deficits for a long period of time can really stress a body out and convince it that it needs to keep as much fat as possible.

This is the value of maintenance days. In my case, it's going to be a maintenance month-- I'm burned out on weight loss right now and stressed out with school. Dieting through finals, especially at such a low number, was making me unhappy and hurting other parts of my life. So, for right now, the plan is to maintain through the end of the year, and pick it back up in January.

I am so excited to be excited about weight loss again. To not be burnt out, but be energetic and driven. It is okay to take a break and maintain for a while. For me, right now, I think it's exactly what I need.

submitted by /u/AspiringPervertPoet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JdIDww

No comments:

Post a Comment