Monday, November 30, 2020

I have to count calories for the rest of my life, and that’s fine.

So I’m not new to weight loss. About 2 years ago I was (M, 24, 5’11) 340 lbs. I counted my calories and had a kinda keto-light diet. I ended up losing over 40 lbs. this was a huge success for me as I had never even thought I was capable of weight loss like that before. I have tried losing weight and eating healthy my whole life but never lost much.

After I hit 300 I kinda hit a plateau and got discouraged. I figured I would give it a break for a bit and come back later, as counting my calories was such a chore. A year goes by and I gained it all back plus more. I was 365 lbs at the beginning of March of 2019, the heaviest I’ve ever been.

I then made a commitment and realized that in order to actually lose weight and be healthy and keep it off, I would have to count my calories for the rest of my life. I originally thought it was gonna be the case where I would do it for so long, lose the weight and then somehow magically stay at that weight, but that is not how it works for me. I have no self control, and I have no inner voice to tell me when I’ve had too much. I need to actively go out of my way to count how much I eat, stop myself, and do it every day.

I’ve been doing it for months now, it’s just become habit. I am not stopping any time soon. I’m 26 now and at 325 lbs and still doing well. I know I have a very long road ahead of me, but I’m on the right path now and I’m sticking to it.

This is just a little rant to get things off my chest and I hope it helps motivate people to count your calories and stick to it.

——

Also another little win, I treated Thanksgiving as a cheat day to freely go over my calories, but I probably didn’t even go that much over. I had a small breakfast, 1 full plate of food for lunch, and 1 piece of pumpkin pie. Then after that, I was stuffed and skipped dinner. That has never happened before, usually I end up eating multiple plates and multiple meals on thanksgiving. The holidays would always through my diet off, but they don’t have to.

submitted by /u/Nikomaru14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fV5aKs

No comments:

Post a Comment