Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Thinking of just giving up.

Hi.

I restarted my weight loss journey 6 months ago starting at 78 kgs (5'6 F for reference). I lost a kg a month by doing my best to walk at least 10,000 steps daily, do daily strength training, and eat at a caloric deficit. I initially started at a deficit of 1,600 calories with no focus on macronutrients, to now 1480 calories daily aiming to keep it low carb/high protein.

And yes I had my slip ups. Numerous times.

My lowest was 74.5 kgs last month. This month, for whatever reason, I am back to 77 kgs and it makes me want to quit. I log EVERYTHING, and the last month I had less cheat days than my previous months and still managed to put in a decent amount of exercise. Also, considering I am eating at a lower deficit and more protein healthy, I expected at least some weight loss.

Looking in the mirror, I don't know how I feel. I do look overall "smaller" but still also look big, if that makes sense. My butt, legs, arms, and back have more muscle definition and my face is slimmer but I still have a gut.

I just feel demotivated. Losing a kg a month is such a painstakingly slow process. I know I could easily lose 5-6 kgs a month if I just starve myself, but I believed if I did it slow and steady, it would have more long term benefits and my body would not suffer as much.

But seeing my weight go back to my starting weight makes me just want to give in and accept being a big girl forever. Exercise and diet takes time and isn't always fun. What is the point if it doesn't add up in the end?

submitted by /u/positiveflower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m28o0B

No comments:

Post a Comment