Thursday, November 26, 2020

Changes in my life since I started being "healthy"

I started working out (moderately, about 3 times a week, only cardio) around December 2019 and then I increased to intensively exercising (6-7 days a week) around July 2020, but was still eating freely, and by that I mean almost zero restrictions except for cutting down carbs. I didn't lose weight until I started CICO on October 25th, but as I started working out and now adding eating moderately to that, some things have changed:

  • My period is back to almost regular. For years I've struggled with irregular periods. There were phases where I didn't have my period for half a year and then there was this one particular time I had blood coming out every single day, for 3 months straight. I couldn't get myself checked for some private reasons, but the most regular my menstruation cycle had been in recent years would be once every 2-3 months and I suspected I had PCOS. However, starting from Feb 2020, I've been having my period every single month even though the length of the cycle is still a little unstable.

  • I sleep better at night. I used to be a night owl and my friends always joked that I lived in a different timezone, because my sleep cycle was so messy I'd be sleeping at 4PM or something. Since I started trying to get in shape, I'm somehow able to sleep 8-9 hours every night and the sleep quality is also vastly improved.

  • My skin/complexion is getting better. I've always had uneven skin with red dots and bumps from irritations - albeit not that noticeable on my face, but now that I try to up my vitamin and most importantly, water intake, I can see my skin quality getting healthier.

What I'm saying is, to me more than reaching an ideal weight, such drastic changes in health condition are so meaningful. For the first time in my life I feel like a functioning human being and I'm over the moon for I'm probably experiencing being "normal" for the first time.

Keep working and keep track of your body condition, don't just focus solely on the number on the scale, and I hope you will one day realize that weight loss or eating healthily is life changing in more ways than just a transformation in appearance.

submitted by /u/j__ani
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J8Y5tf

No comments:

Post a Comment