Tuesday, November 24, 2020

100 days in; what has been working

So I've been doing pretty well at weight loss, using CICO to pretty good effect, having lost 12kg (26lbs) in 100 days since starting to try losing weight

I was thinking about what it was that worked for me in my context, and what new behaviours I've found effective. So here's what helped me especially.

  1. I never really eat out- and have always been a keen home cook. This has had 2 positive aspects- firstly I can know exactly what is in everything I cook and weigh everything. Secondly I am treating CICO as a challenge as a 'foodie.' Trying to get similar results without the easy addition of things like butter, sugar, cream etc is proving a truly unique challenge that is improving my culinary skills.

  2. I don't meal prep. at all any more. I used to cook extra to give the household leftovers for lunch the next day, and you know what? 90% of the time it was eaten as a second helping. Just cooking a serving per person cuts a huge number of calories from dinner

  3. Red Cabbage. Before dinner is ready I cut up between 300-500g (about a pound)of red cabbage. I add Apple cider Vinegar and a little salt. Then I eat it before, with and after dinner. I am currently eating an absurd amount of the stuff. And my gut is loving it, and so is my calorie budget. It's the same amount of calories in 500g of raw cabbage as there is in 30g odd of chocolate

  4. Fizzy Water.

  5. Data. I'm making so many metrics that it probably looks unhealthy, but I have gained real insight into how my body works. And because I do so much data collection the little plateaus or increases don't register, I'm looking at big picture stuff out of all those small data points

I hope that is useful. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have found these things have grown organically through the process over the last hundred days, and are not difficult or unpleasant. It was all about finding the joyous aspects of mindful eating

submitted by /u/Pirhanaglowsticks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fthBfZ

No comments:

Post a Comment