Saturday, November 28, 2020

How I did it.

Original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/k2ehol/i_lost_so_much_weight_my_phone_didnt_recognize_me/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hi, if you don’t want to read the original post, the basic premise is that I was nearly 600 lbs, and I lost over 350 of that and now my phone doesn’t recognize me as the same person.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their kind words and love. I wasn’t really sure about posting on here, but it’s proven to be a great idea.

Some background (while retaining enough privacy), my name is Sam. I’m a 25 year old dude living in America. A few traumatic events and stressful times led me to self medicating with food at just 12 years old. I quickly climbed the obesity ranks, clocking in at a massive 300 lbs at just 15.

I was bullied, a lot. Left out of events with friends because my size would be a hinderance, I never did anything with anyone. I became very lonely and even worse with the binge eating.

Soon enough, at 22, I was 600 lbs. Depressed, alone, suicidal. I bought the iPhone X and setting up the face recognition on that phone was the wake up call I needed. All I could see was fat. Just a mound of fat. I have no idea how it even tracked my face if I’m honest.

Okay, now how I did it.

I started small. I started by cooking my own food. Was it healthy? Fuck no. It was all the cookies and pies and friend chicken you could imagine. But it got me off of fast food. No longer could I rely on someone else to make my food. If I wanted to make it, I had to get my ass off the couch and go make it. It led to me eating a lot less.

When I hit my first plateau it was around 500 lbs, which is when I started intermittent fasting. My window was from 12-8. It cut out nighttime snacks which was a big source of calories in my overall diet.

When I reached 425 I hit another plateau. I bought a punching bag, set it up, and beat the shit out of it for exercise. It was whatever I needed it to be. The shitty friends who bullied me and left me out. The food that caused me to get to that weight. Whatever I was pissed off at, I would imagine it in the place of the bag and destroy it. I highly recommend this, because it’s a workout but it also really improves your mental health.

Once I got down to 350 I started using a treadmill for cardio, and that’s when the pounds melted off. I went from 350 to 250 in just a matter of less than 8 months. And that’s how I got to where I am now!

Also, some advice and tips.

If you’re just starting, if you’ve fallen off the wagon, today is the day. The diet doesn’t start tomorrow. The diet doesn’t start on January first. It doesn’t start next week, or next month, or next hour. It starts now. There is no “last hurrah” because you’re already on the diet. If you delay the start once, it becomes easier to do a second time. And a third time. And suddenly a month has passed, you’re 5 pounds up from then, and you feel even worse.

One other thing I did to help me lose weight was watch some of these youtubers:

LukeNarwhal - Luke reads stories from this sub, from his own sub r/lose it narwhals and from his website. His voice is very relaxing and his content is very good for background noise while you do something else.

Will Tennyson - Will is full of great advice but packaging it into easily digestible entertaining content. He does food challenges, workout challenges, and many other things. I would steer clear if you’re not a fan of sex jokes though, because this dude is full of them.

Jordan Shrinks - She went from 303 lbs to about 170 so it’s safe to say that this girl knows what she’s doing. She has very good info on food, on diets, on workouts, on everything. She doesn’t upload very often, but when she does you can be sure it’ll be good.

Erik The Electric - He’s known for doing absolutely absurd food challenges in which he routinely eats 20K+ calories in one sitting. I like watching these because they remind me of how I used to be and why I don’t want to go back there.

FrumpyFit - She is a registered weight loss dietician (if that’s the right name?) and she basically breaks down all the bullshit in the diet industry. She shows all the fake things, all things that won’t work, that are scams, etc.

(Edited in) Dellen Garcia - not really someone I watch but his weight loss journey got me through some of the tough times. It’s very inspiring!

Alright, hope that was able to provide background/context and help to those who needed or wanted it :)

Good luck guys, you got this.

submitted by /u/Qwazertyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JkFhYi

No comments:

Post a Comment