Tuesday, November 24, 2020

51lb down and no one has noticed!?

Hey guys! This is half a rant and half an “anyone else relate?”. I’ve lost 51lb since July 1 [29F 5’8 SW265 CW214 GW165]. I’ve worked so hard exercising 5x a week and cooking healthier. I’ve never felt better and love how my body has changed. I’ve gone from a UK 20-22 to a UK 14-16.

The problem is literally NO ONE I know has noticed my weight loss. I’m not looking for heaps of attention and congratulations but damn I thought one person would notice? (Backstory: I do live in another country to my family and have a group of 8ish people I see every now and again here, COVID restrictions allowing)

Im a bit uncomfortable talking about weight loss with people I’m close to due to having a diet obsessed mother growing up. A few days ago I felt frustrated after hitting my 50lb milestone and bit the bullet and I asked my boyfriend (who has lost some weight too since we started eating healthy) how much weight he thinks I’d lost and he said “maybe 5 or 10lb?”. When I told him it was 50 he couldn’t believe it and said that was amazing and congratulated me. But I guess I’m just a little hurt that at no point did he notice how much looser my clothes were or how my body shape has changed.

I hoped it was a case of people just feeling a bit awkward bringing up/complimenting someone else’s weight but maybe it really doesn’t show that much on me? I’m still in the lower end of an “obese” BMI after all. Has this happened to anyone else? I know i should just put it down to not seeing many people and those people maybe not wanting to bring such an awkward topic up but I just wanted to get it off my chest to some strangers. Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/SSugarMagnolia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J2h8FA

No comments:

Post a Comment