Wednesday, June 9, 2021

310 Lbs, 19 Years old, finally starting my weight loss journey

Hey r/loseit,

I'm 19 and a college student, I'm a tall guy (6'4) and I weigh 310 lbs. For so long, I looked at myself and thought I didn't seem that bad. My height is deceptive with my obesity, I don't really look very fat when I'm wearing clothes.

Yesterday, I got an ID photo taken for my University, and when I saw that picture next to my old ID photo from 3 years ago, it really hit me how overweight I truly was, and that I really had to make a change ASAP. That same night, I went straight home, threw away all of the snacks that I had in my room, and went to the gym. I only worked out for 25-30 minutes, but I felt great afterward.

My question to anyone here is.....what should I do in order to achieve my goals? Is a Keto diet, or something similar a good idea, or is it better to simply eat at a calorie deficit? Also, I've never been to the gym as a serious way to work out or anything, so I'm not really sure what to do there. I would really appreciate some advice about how to move forward. I know I want to change, and I'm ready to put in the work. I know it's going to be extremely hard. I hope that my goal of 1 year to reach 220 lbs is realistic and doable.

Recently, I've been making late-night trips to Taco Bell or McDonald's and eating a bunch of junk food at 1-2 am almost nightly. Last night, I fought that urge with myself for almost 3 hours, it was a huge struggle but when I woke up this morning knowing I didn't give in to my urge, I felt amazing.

But yeah, generally what I'm wondering is what exactly I should do food-wise and what I should focus on at the gym. I appreciate it!
Also, I'm using a burner account because I don't want anyone I know to find this...but I've been lurking in this community for quite a bit and I've seen some amazing stories, super inspiring

submitted by /u/TheRealOhmz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/355sctu

No comments:

Post a Comment