Monday, June 7, 2021

5lbs down 95 to go

I (F21) have been overweight most of my adult life, but most especially the last two years. I grew up being told that I was fat and then put onto weight loss plans (think SparkTeen if anyone remembers that). Looking back at pictures is heartbreaking because I very clearly just still had baby weight, and once I grew taller I had a very average body. I was not obese by any means but my family made me feel like I was. I was chubby at worst and completely dysphoric. My mom was fat and a lot of her insecurity and bad eating habits were passed along to me, but it was my dad and grandma who really drove it home for me. Since I believed I was already fat I stopped caring. I have depression and eating was my coping mechanism. I was incredibly insecure and I hated myself. Now a few years later, I truly am fat. I hate looking at old pictures and seeing myself in what is now my goal body. It sucks. At my heaviest I weighed 290lbs. I promised myself I would never surpass 300, so I got to work. Meal prepped lunches for the week, planned my dinner menu, pre-portioned my snacks, and didn't keep anything unhealthy in the house. I even started grocery shopping online to avoid temptation. AND IT'S WORKING. I have lost my first 5 pounds and it feels great. Sure that isn't much to lose in a month, but as I slowly work on adding more exercise to my routine I am hopeful that I will lose more next month. My goal weight is 180lbs. I am 284 right now. Lets goooo.

To any parents out there: don't tell your kids they are fat and insist they need to lose weight. You will probably just fuck them up even more lol.

submitted by /u/justagirls
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gfF19z

No comments:

Post a Comment