Saturday, June 5, 2021

Accomplished, but not quite?

In October 2019 I was 18 and had some sort of “awakening” where I became really conscious of my health in the future, thinking about how my weight would affect my life with my kids (helping them make healthy choices, running after them, etc) this led to me choosing to lose weight. I was about 230 lbs (at 5’7.5 height) at the time, and by around April or May of 2020 I stalled at ~180 lbs and started maintaining here. I’ve been maintaining at 180 for over a year now, but my goal when I started and is still 160 lbs.

During “phase 1” of my weight loss journey I was really focused on my health & didn’t care much about how I’d look when it was all done, I was focused on the long term, but suddenly now that that weight is gone I can only focus on my looks (it feels great to look like this & I think I subconsciously miss that feeling of looking smaller in each progress pic???) and I can’t get ANYWHERE. I’m a lot healthier than when I started with a better diet and consistent exercise, so some part of my brain convinces itself there’s no use in worrying further about that stuff, but yet I still want to look better & feel better in doing so.

When my motivation changed, my weight stayed the exact same, and nothings been able to help it budge. At 180, I’m fluctuating the same 5 lbs every month and I don’t know how to get back on the right track... has anyone else ever had this problem? I want to lose more weight but I can’t even bring myself to do it for myself, despite knowing it’s totally possible 50 lbs later.

If anyone has any advice or tips, it would be so appreciated, because this has become really frustrating for me!

submitted by /u/madzmadz9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fWuUYi

No comments:

Post a Comment