Friday, June 4, 2021

An unexpected moment of validation

I've posted about my weight loss on Reddit before. I started losing weight almost exactly two years ago and ended up losing 60 pounds (F, 5' 5", SW 175 lbs, CW 118 lbs). I got my butt back into strength-training and currently have a visibly fit body (AND I CAN DO PULL UPS, Y'ALL).

I was at a new gym today and the trainers there kept looking at me. Not in a way that made me uncomfortable, but they were definitely looking. When I took a break and walked over to the sanitisation station (where two of them were standing), they started talking to me.

"Are you a personal trainer?" One of them asked. I swear to God, I nearly fainted from the pride that I felt in myself right then and there.

But there was more. They told me my form was impeccable. That my workout was so dynamic and they were really appreciating the fact that I was doing great at it. When I told them that I have only been training for 15 months and that too almost exclusively at home, they actually couldn't believe it.

I don't even think they were just being nice (I would usually think that when someone would compliment me). I think they actually meant these things.

I feel so validated and so proud. 2 years ago, I was fat and depressed and got out of breath walking 1500 steps. Today, I killed it in a gym enough that I impressed the trainers there.

I can die happy now. That's all.

submitted by /u/SylviasDead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SZLoFW

No comments:

Post a Comment